Dedicated People. Outstanding Service.
Our entire staff is involved in designing, creating and installing the best signs and graphics in the business. We continue to add members in all departments as distinctive and dynamic signs are still in demand. Our management team is:
James Applegate, President-Founder
Andrew Graham, Account Executive
Eric Tabor, Account Executive
Phil Park, Senior Project Manager
Debbie Sherr, Project Manager
Mark Remeto, Project Manager
Diego Guzman, Project Manager
Dale Cutlip, Lead Designer
Bill Mackechnie, Production Manager
Linda Bain, Production Information Manager
Chris Ominelli, Installation/Service Manager
Adam Knubel, Permitting
Jayne Scherger, Accounting
- Site surveys – The site survey process helps us quickly identify potential challenges and ensures more accurate budgeting, a smoother permitting process, and fewer problems during installation.
- Design – The purpose and feel your message needs to convey is only the beginning of the design process. Our professional designers will take your ideas, add design creativity, and create for your business an effective and impressive identity.
- Manufacturing – At Apple Signs we are constantly updating our techniques and equipment so your finished sign reflects your identity as accurately as possible and remains a great advertising value for years. Our skilled staff of master craftsmen create signs and graphics of high standards and lasting quality.
- Project Management – Every project is awarded to a Project Manager. From concept to installation, the PM will keep you informed of the progress and work with you to ensure your total satisfaction.
- Installation – Our professional installers and service technicians finish the project process, using the best tools and equipment. Our UL-listed signs are installed with long term satisfaction in mind. Our in-field installation teams are fully licensed and insured.
- Service – Maintenance – Maintenance plans are available as well as as-needed service of existing signs. We are committed to prolonging the life of your signs! Contact our Service Department at 410-987-7446 or email .
- Financing – You can invest your cash in high return opportunities and save your credit lines for other needs or to help reduce your operating deficiencies. Several options are available through Atlantic Capital. Please mention it when you call us and we will be happy to work with you.
Facility & Equipment
Apple Signs strives to use advanced equipment and proven techniques to create the most effective and durable signs and graphics for your business.
Computer Hardware & Software
We operate networked PC-based design stations and wide format digital printers to create full-color graphics. Unique designs are created using Corel Draw! and Adobe Illustrator/PhotoShop.
We have all woodworking and metal fabricating equipment including welders, breaks, shears and a computerized automatic folding break. We can cut practically any letter or shape from flat stock (aluminum, wood, PVC, brass, foam, Plexiglas, etc.) using our customized flat bed router table providing amazing accuracy. Our complete metal shop and a full sized, spray and bake paint booth allows us to fabricate your custom electric signs and letters and finish them to our high standards.
Apple Signs is housed within its own 25,000 square foot facility on two acres of land, conveniently located between Baltimore and Annapolis, Maryland. The building features loading docks and a 5‐ton overhead crane.
All of our custom signs are installed by sign professionals using the best tools and equipment. We keep six installation trucks on the move using GPS, including aerial bucket and crane trucks.
Apple Signs was founded in 1979 by James Applegate in an abandoned gas station in Annapolis, Maryland. Business consisted mostly of boat transom lettering, small hand lettered and sandblasted signs, and truck graphics. A steady clientele quickly followed and in 1982 Jim partnered with the late Mike Kumer, a skilled and colorful local sign artist. In 1986, Jim split agreeably with Mike and continued Apple Signs at a new location on Bestgate Road.
Rewarding, steady and profitable business–coupled with a skilled and dedicated staff–continued to fuel growth. Apple Signs expanded the Bestgate Road facility to 10,000 square feet and added a complete metal shop and heated spray booth. After 16 years at that location, more growth and space demands necessitated the search for more suitable space.
On June 1st of 2002, Apple Signs purchased a 25,000 square foot building on two wooded acres in nearby Millersville. This new facility is perfectly suited for the growing business as a convenient and comfortable place to work for years to come.
Join the A Team
We seek out people who take pride in their work and know how to be efficient with their time. For over 35 years we have created a great company culture and invite only the best to join us!
Do you enjoy a fast paced and fun work culture and environment? Are you organized and can adjust to changing schedules while focusing on deadlines?
How do you benefit?
Apple Signs offers health and dental plans, Credit Union membership, flex spending, direct deposit, 401K benefits, and more importantly a great team to work with!
Complete the form on this page or send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or via fax to 410-987-1580.